This leads to the award of a Diploma in Microfinance of the Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services it's the basic qualification for the majority of career Microfinance practitioners.
To create a pool of professionals, with appropriate skills to effectively manage the challenges of growth in the microfinance industry
Am I Eligible?
Either: (i) Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with 2 Principal passes and 1 subsidiary pass obtained at the same sitting or equivalent
(ii) Banking Certificate
(iii) Any other recognised professional qualification like CPA, ACCA or equivalent.
What will I study?
For the award of the Diploma in Microfinance one must pass the 16 papers listed below, including the internship/Business Project:-
- Management Information System
- Risk Management in Microfinance
- Financial Resource Mobilisation and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing in Microfinance
- Business Environment for Microfinance
- Management and Organization in Microfinance
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Legal Framework of Microfinance Business
- Entrepreneurship and Investment
- Product Design & Development
- Rural & Agricultural Value Chain Financing
- Monitoring and Evaluation for Microfinance
- Credit Administration in Microfinance
- History and Trends in Microfinance
- Student' Project/ Internship
Duration: 2 Years