This leads to the award of a Diploma in Microfinance of the Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services it’s the basic qualification for the majority of career Microfinance practitioners.
• To create a pool of professionals, with appropriate skills to effectively manage the challenges of growth in the microfinance industry
Am I Eligible?
Either: (i) Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with 2 Principal passes and 1 subsidiary pass obtained at the same sitting or equivalent
Or (ii) Banking Certificate
(iii) Any other recognised professional qualification like CPA, ACCA or equivalent.
What will I study?
For the award of the Diploma in Microfinance one must pass the 16 papers listed below, including the internship/Business Project:-
• Management Information System
• Risk Management in Microfinance
• Financial Resource Mobilisation and Management
• Human Resource Management
• Marketing in Microfinance
• Business Environment for Microfinance
• Management and Organization in Microfinance
• Accounting and Financial Management
• Legal Framework of Microfinance Business
• Entrepreneurship and Investment
• Product Design & Development
• Rural & Agricultural Value Chain Financing
• Monitoring and Evaluation for Microfinance
Credit Administration in Microfinance
• History and Trends in Microfinance
• Student’ Project/ Internship
Duration: 2 Years