Overall Course Objectives
The qualification covers key financial principles and products including assets and markets, equities, bonds, derivatives, investment funds, retirement planning, loans, mortgages and life assurance.
It explores the broader economic environment in which the financial services industry operates and looks at how economic activity is determined and managed in different economic and political systems.
This qualification offers a first introduction to financial services regulation focusing on financial crime, insider trading and market abuse, and provides candidates with an understanding of ethical behaviour and acting with integrity.
Who should Attend?
It is intended for new entrants and staff who are beginning their career in the financial services industry.
The broad topics covered make the qualification suitable for all staff, not just those responsible for making investment decisions, including administration, finance and accounting, IT, customer service, sales and marketing and HR and training.
• Chapter 1: THE FINANCIAL SERVICES INDUSTRY.
• Chapter 2: THE ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT.
• Chapter 3: FINANCIAL ASSETS AND MARKETS.
• Chapter 4: EQUITIES/STOCKS.
• Chapter 5: BONDS.
• Chapter 6: DERIVATIVES.
• Chapter 7: INVESTMENT FUNDS
• Chapter 8: REGULATION AND ETHICS.
• Chapter 9: OTHER FINANCIAL PRODUCTS.
- The qualification is has been recommended by THE CAPITAL MARKETS AUTHORITY - UGANDA to be the Certification Qualification for all people participating in the Capital Markets in Uganda.
- This qualification has been approved as a minimum requirement for licensed people in Kenya by THE CAPITAL MARKETS AUTHORITY - KENYA.
- The qualification provides a comprehensive introduction to the financial services industry with a specific focus on investments from a global perspective.
- Suitable for all staff not only those making investment decisions.
- Senior industry practitioners are closely involved in the development of the program ensuring the exams are work related.
- Successful candidates can progress to a Certificate in Global securities Program.
- FREE student membership.
Course Dates: January | March | May | July | October | November.
Venue: Kampala and Distance Learning Option.
Duration: 6 Weeks (Fast track Tutor Option - Available).
Course Fees: 750,000= per participant (Inclusive of Hardcopy, PDF Workbook and FREE CISI Student Membership). + One hundred Pound Sterling (100 Pounds) or UGX 1,150,000 (one million one hundred and fifty thousand only).
Examinations: Multiple Choice, CBE – Computer Based Exams.
Awarding Body: Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment - CISI