Overall Course Objectives
The Fundamentals of Financial Services (FFS) is an important first step in developing the essential basic knowledge required for working in financial services. It provides a broad overview of the industry and could be your stepping stone to a career in financial services.
You will learn about the types of banking and commonly used financial products, such as shares, bonds and insurance. It will provide you with an understanding of financial terminology and enable you to perform important basic calculations.
Who should Attend?
The qualification's broad introduction to financial services makes it suitable for a wide audience from employees new to the industry to school leavers considering a career in finance.
It is an ideal alternative for staff already working within financial services who wish to further their industry knowledge, but who are not directly involved in making investment decisions.
It offers a comprehensive understanding of financial services and its streamlined structure, including a nominal study commitment, appeals to the busy professional. In addition, firms can easily include the qualification into staff induction program.
- Chapter 1: ETHICS AND INTERGRITY IN FINANCIAL SERVICES.
- Chapter 2: SAVINGS AND BORROWING.
- Chapter 3: BANKING.
- Chapter 4: EQUITIES.
- Chapter 5: BONDS.
- Chapter 6: MARKETS.
- Chapter 7: OTHER AREARS OF FINANCIAL SERVICES
- The qualification is a broad introduction to financial services and can easily be included as a STAFF INDUCTION PROGRAM.
- The qualification is a foundational program for BANC ASSURANCE services as it introduces a candidate to the basics of Insurance services.
- Suitable for a wide range of financial institutions staff especially CUSTOMER FACING AND ADVISORY STAFF.
- Senior industry practitioners are closely involved in the development of the programme ensuring the exams are work related.
- Successful candidates can progress to a Certificate Program.
- FREE student membership.
|Dates||Attendance Mode||Venue||Course Fees|
January | March | May | July | October| November 2018
|6 Weeks (Fast track Tutor Option - Available).||Kampala and Distance Learning Option.|| UGX750,000
(Inclusive of Hardcopy, PDF Workbook and FREE CISI Student Membership). + One hundred Pound Sterling (100 Pounds)
Examinations: Multiple Choice, CBE – Computer Based Exams.
Awarding Body: Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment - CISI