The Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services is a professional body offering Banking and Microfinance training.
The Registrar hereby invites applications for admission to the Post Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Risk Management and Finance Programme for the academic year 2016. This is a nine (9) month course done in partnership and awarded by the Mountains of the Moon University (MMU).
Mode of delivery
The programme is to be delivered through an evening study mode. Lectures will be held from Monday to Friday from 6.00 pm to 9.00 pm
Senior staff in Agriculture financing and lending in Commercial banks, Credit Institutions, MDIs, Microfinance Institutions, SACCOs, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and fisheries personnel, Ministry of Finance Planning & Economic Development personnel, consultants, researchers, NGO staff such as Grants Officers, program managers/Officers and as well as fresh graduates wishing to acquire a postgraduate qualification for a career in financial services.
- Agricultural Risk I
- Agricultural Value-Chain Analysis
- Agricultural Credit Analysis
- Agric-Finance Partnership Management
- Business Economics
- Agric-Business Internship
- Decision Analysis for Agribusiness
- Project planning and investment analysis
- Agribusiness Production Management
- Strategic Management for Agribusiness)
- Financial Sector Internship
Applicants to the Post Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Risk Management and Finance must meet the minimum requirements for admission to the programme as set by National Council for higher Education. Specifically, applicants should possess the following requirements:
(i) At least second class degree from a recognized University
(ii) A holder a recognized professional qualification in Accounting, Diploma in banking/Certified Professional Banker
Ugandan: UGX 3,200,000=
International students: UGX 4,200,000=
|Administration fee (International Students)||
Total functional fees 740,000=
Bank Drafts should be made in favour of "The Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services"
1. Hard copies of application forms can be obtained from the Institute upon payment of an application fee of UGX 20,000= (Ugandan Applicants) or UGX 50,000 (International Applicants).
2. The completed application forms together with certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts, and two (2) letters of references should be submitted to the Institute by 20th January 2017.
3. The Course will commence on 10th February 2017 and will be offered on evening programme.
4. Detailed information about the above programmes can be obtained from the Registrar's Office or Website: www.uibfs.or.ug