The course is designed for microfinance personnel who do not have technical training in accounting and finance and those who may have been trained and would like to refresh on some of the principles of financial management. It is both practical and participative, drawing a lot of examples and case studies from the environment that the participant works in. The participants will learn key financial documents such as the balance sheet, statement of comprehensive income, cash flow statements and budgets.
The aim of this course is to help managers and other personnel without finance background to analyze and improve on the financial performance of their institutions.
Who should attend?
All personnel without Accounting and Finance background and those who wish to have refresher trainings in Accounting and Finance.
By the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
• Understand the importance of key financial statements such as balance sheet, statement of comprehensive income and cash flow statement
• Understand the use of budgets, budgeting and budgetary control in financial performance
• Understand how to carry out financial analysis by use of ratios, trends
• Generate options for improving financial performance of their MFIs
• Understanding Financial statements – Balance sheet, Statement of comprehensive income and cash flow statement
• Cash flow management and its effects on the loan fund
• Managing fixed and variable costs
• Capital Investment Appraisal
• Cost/Benefit Analysis
Assessment of MFI financial performance
• Forecasting and budgeting
• Managing Financial Risk in an MFI
• Financial Ratio Analysis
• Treatment of donor funds/cash donations and equity in MFI Accounting
• The budgetary process and Internal Controls
Course dates: 13th – 17th March 2017 Kampala - The UIBFS Training Centre, Plot 58 William Street, Bank of Uganda Building 6th – 10th November 2017 Kampala - The UIBFS Training Centre, Plot 58 William Street, Bank of Uganda Building
Duration: 5 Full days
Course fees: Ugandans - UGX 400,000=, International Participants – UGX 750,000=