The Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services is the body responsible for the provision of professional training in the financial sector in Uganda. The Institute’s training activities comprise professional, academic as well as short / executive programs with a strong focus on adaptation to the dynamics of the financial services industry. The Institute hereby invites applications from interested individuals to fill the position of Professional & Academic Programmes Executive / Assistant Registrar
Reporting to the Training & Partnerships Manager (and matrix report to the Registrar), the Assistant Registrar shall be agile and possess strong organisational, information management and analytical skills.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To coordinate activities related to the Institutes’ professional and academic programs which include mobilising and enrolling students, supervision of lecturers, maintenance of a data base of training activities, follow up of training related dues and payments, overseeing student welfare, E Learning and Distance Learning Program;
- Provide direct support in the development and review of professional and academic programs to ensure that they are relevant and of high standing. In addition, the Assistant Registrar shall provide support in the development of non conventional programs such as Mentoring and Project based Training;
- Recommend and implement strategies for improving Departmental policies and procedures to enhance efficiency and enrolment on Institute programs;
- Promoting the Institute‘s professional and academic programs by maintaining close links with the financial services industry through calls and follow ups of developments in the industry.
Key competences and attributes
- Good organisational skills. A working knowledge of educational management and/ or the financial services industry shall be an added advantages;
- Agility - a readiness to adapt to the needs and dynamics of training in the financial services industry;
- Analytical skills – ability to champion the development of high quality and relevant programs;
- Information management / IT skills - ability to manage information and utilize information technology to increase efficiencies.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree in economics / business related field, education or statistics. Holding a professional banking qualification and/ or post graduate training in educational management will be added advantages.
- Two years relevant working experience in a training or research environment and/ or financial services organization.
Submit applications, along with copies of academic transcripts, detailed curriculum vitae and day time telephone contact of three (3) competent referees not later than 4.30 p.m. on Friday 15th September 2017 to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
The Uganda Institute of Banking & Financial Services,
Plot 10 Buganda Road Kampala,