OVERALL COURSE OBJECTIVE
The course shall provide skills to effectively manage liquidity, cash foreign exchange, financial risks and regulatory requirements within the treasury function in the bank.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Treasury Back Office Personnel, Trade Finance staff, Foreign Exchange Traders & Dealers, Foreign exchange Tellers, Account Officers and Relationship Managers, Auditors and Accountants and all staff being prepared to move to this department.
• Definition of Treasury Management
• Structure of Treasury Management
• Functions of the Head/Controller of the Treasury
• Overview of the impact of foreign exchange on bank operations
• Setting exchange rates and the competitive environment
• Mark to Market, Spot trading, forward, futures, swaps and options
• Currency and interest rate swaps
• Managing the currency risk
• Managing the interest rate risk
• Vault cash analysis and planning
• Internal Controls, cash handling and recording procedures
• Managing Inter- cashier and inter-bank cash transfers
• Liquidity Management Overview of interest rate and currency options
• Fraud and theft control measures
• The bank treasury management policy.
|Dates (2018)||Attendance Mode||Venue||Course Fees|
30th July - 3rd Aug
|Evening Classes||UIBFS Training Centre,
Plot 76/78 William Street,
Bank of Uganda Building.