Overall Course Objectives
The course is designed to give small business lenders the tools, knowledge and skills to screen, analyse, underwrite, structure and monitor these loans. The methods include working with small businesses that have "sub-standard" financial information.
The course was designed by Shore bank Advisory Services, Chicago and the Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services.
Who Should Attend?
Credit Officers and their Managers
• Introduction to SME lending and the importance of the cash flow
• Step by step: The loan process
• Management, Market and Money (The 3M's)
• Financial statement analysis for lenders (income statement and balance sheet)
• Ratios, loans structuring, closing
• Loan documentation
• Portfolio management
• Monitoring and managing problem loans
• Marketing and sales
Course dates: 19th – 23rd June 2017
Attendance Mode: 5 Full days
Venue: The UIBFS Training Centre, Plot 58 William Street, Bank of Uganda Building
Course fees: Ugandans - UGX 650, 000=, International Participants – UGX 1,000,000=