OVERALL COURSE OBJECTIVE
The course shall provide knowledge and skills to enable staff effectively manage the legal aspects related to banking practice and management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Middle Management and Senior Management Staff, Front office staff and Relationship Managers and all staff in the credit and securities departments
• Overview of the Code of Banking Practice – Law and Ethics in Banking
• The impact of the financial Act on management and bank staff
• The position of a bank as an agent of its customers
• The banker's legal relationship with the bank customers
• Electronic banking and its legal implications on bank practice and management
• Law related to the common securities pledged by bank customers
• Law related to the bank negotiable instruments
• Forgery and fraud in banking business
• Money laundering and the law
• Legal aspects associated with insolvency and winding up of the borrower's business
COURSE DATES: 3rd – 7th July 2017
ATTENDANCE MODE: Evening classes
VENUE: UIBFS Training Centre, Plot 76/78 William Street, Bank of Uganda Building - Kampala.
COURSE FEES: Ugandan: 475,000=