Overall Course Objective
To enhance knowledge / skills on how money moves from the drawer's account to the payee's account where payment is by cheque, bank draft or Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT).
Who Should Attend?
Cashiers, Clerks, Supervisors, Management Trainees of cash departments and all staff in back office operations
• Background to the concept of clearing
• The payment system
• The origin of clearing
• Clearing and collection
• Clearing types and documentation
• Uganda's recent developments in clearing
• Real time gross settlement system
• Accounting for clearing transactions
• Site visit or practical session on the central bank clearing house
Course Dates: 13th – 17th March 2017
Attendance mode: 5 Evenings
Venue: The UIBFS Training Centre, Plot 58 William Street, Bank of Uganda Building.
Course fees: Ugandans - UGX 380,000=, International Participants - UGX 500,000=