Overall Course Objectives
This comprehensive five (5) day course on credit analysis and risk management is designed to give participants the skills and strategies to book and manage lending portfolios within the ever changing banking environment.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for credit analysts and managers, corporate relationship managers and accountants. It is assumed that the participant has either attended the course, "lending to SMEs" or has basic accounting and lending knowledge.
• The business environment and associated risks
• Marketing and mobilization of credit business for the bank
• Customer Service and Ethical conduct by Credit Staff
• The main elements of Credit Analysis
• An overview of the Bank Lending Policy
• The loan appraisal process
• Financial Statements and Ratio Analysis to uncover key credit issues
• The role of non financial analysis in credit assessment
• Cash Flow Analysis
• Breakeven and Debt Service
• Elements of a good loan proposal from bank customers
• Loan structuring
• Portfolio Management
• Problem Loan Management
• Documentation and Security Analysis in lending
• The Role of Credit Officers in the Credit department
Course Dates: 3rd – 7th April 2017
Attendance mode: 5 Full days
Venue: The UIBFS Training Centre, Plot 58 William Street, Bank of Uganda Building
Course fees: Ugandans - UGX 650,000=, International Participants - UGX 1,000,000/=